Monday, July 11, 2011

Zumba Fitness Convention 2011 Wrapup

Convention always seems to fly by impossibly fast. Day 3 kicked off with getting to attend a live class with Beto for the taping of our next Zumba Instructor Network (ZIN) choreography video. It was very enjoyable. I loved getting to rehearse the songs multiple times before filming--I think I'll be able to incorporate many of them very quickly once we get the music. Partway through the class, Beto surprised us with a visit from Wyclef! We got to film part of the video for Wyclef's Survivor song. Then he busted out "Hips Don't Lie" for us. As if that wasn't enough, Beto brought one of the Zumba music producers, who is also a very talented singer, out on stage. He asked Wyclef, the producer, Pepper Vaughn, and salsa king Walter to improv for us. Soon there was the most incredible music as Walter and Pepper provided beat box while Wyclef and the producer took turns rapping and singing with riffs on "No Woman No Cry" as hundreds of us freestyle danced to their creation. It was one of those moments that would have made the convention worth it in and of itself. My face ached from smiling so much. After the taping I had the most wonderful session on Salsa and Merengue. I was exhausted but Walter and the phenomenal crew made me give more to that master class than I've ever given as a student.



I was very happy to have the "Shake your Asana" yoga class after that with Rob Glick and Kimberly Spreen-Glick. It was
much needed.

The final day of the convention brought a preview of Zumba Fitness' new program: Sentao. It has a toning focus and uses chairs. Very interesting! My last session was Reggaeton Rebellion. It was great to learn more about Reggaeton's history and get some new flavors. I had never had a class with Loretta Bates before, and really enjoyed her instructing.

I'm flying home listening to all kinds of new songs, dozens of choreo ideas buzzing through my head, anxious to bring some Convention energy to my students...and looking forward to Convention 2012!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:International Dr,Orlando,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment